Just because it’s after Labor Day doesn’t mean you can’t still party outdoors. Megan DeKok, of Take a Megabite, shares her best picnic sweets.
Here, the blogs you should be reading right now with recipes and tips from their creators.
Megan DeKok of Take a Megabite is a huge fan of color. “I’m inspired by vintage Pyrex, vibrant ice cream, vintage wrapping paper, pink houses in San Francisco, pretty produce,” she says. Brunch parties are also high on her list: “It’s the only meal where you can put out cinnamon rolls, and shortcakes as part of the main course. I also love that they can start at 11 a.m. and go until 9 p.m.! As long as the Champagne is flowing and there are cheese plates galore.” And, of course, she loves picnics.
Here, her favorite picnic desserts
1. Blueberry Crumb Bars, originally from Smitten Kitchen are my favorite picnic treat. They are not only loaded with streusel-y goodness, but they are sure not to get warm and weird if they’re sitting out.
2. Neapolitan Rice Krispie Treats are another bar that can handle it in the sun. Brighten up your dessert table with all natural colors, if you want!
3. These Large Marge Chocolate Chunk Cookies are my most-favorite chocolate chip cookie. I’ve brought them to a few picnic parties, and they’re always a hit. Once, a fella invited me to an after-party with the condition that I brought these cookies.
4. If you don’t mind assembling something at a the picnic, then whip up these little Strawberry Graham Ricotta Tartlets. Simply make the grahams (that really keep their shape, so follow your heart shape-wise). Topping them with sweetened and citrusy ricotta and strawberries makes for a super fun and pretty dessert.
5. Pumpkin Swirl Brownies just might be the best fall-time picnic treat. Freeze them, if you want, and then set them out at the party.
Source : http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/5-awesome-picnic-desserts